St Augustine Beach Front Resort - Avoid St. Augustine Beach Front Resort
The St.Augustine Beach Front Resort is a horrible “resort.” We were stunned at how run-down the St.
Augustine Beach Front Resort was. Let me give you an example of what the Saint Augustine Beachfront Resort is like--the walls need painting, the exterior doors to the hotel don't lock, the hardware is in terrible shape, the fence around the pool is treacherous and about to fall down, the pools are filthy, the towels are worn out and dingy, and the whole place stinks. I reserved pool view room but instead got a parking lot view room. I was later told that this was an “upgraded” room in the Resort, although it was in complete disrepair. The curtains and bedspreads were old and grungy. The TV was held together with duct tape, literally. I hope you never have to stay in a “standard” Saint Augustine Beachfront Resort room if that was “upgraded.” See more about the St. Augustine Beach Front Resort here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4aKimBxUNQ . That was our first impression of the St.
Augustine Beach Front Resort, and it only got worse. We had no hot water! I complained to the receptionist, and was told there were boiler troubles, but we would have hot water within 2 hours—a pain, but those things happen. So imagine how I felt the next morning when there was still had no hot water. The boiler was the tip of the iceberg. Our shower faucet was broken and would only give us cold water. I complained...again...and wanted a pool-side room. The staff blew off the room request, and said that they would fix the faucet. The next morning we got ANOTHER cold shower. I tried rinsing off in the hot tub, but felt dirtier than when I entered the water.
The last morning of our trip, the St. Augustine Beach Front Resort staff let us lug all our stuff down the hall to another room to shower. They thought that was a fine solution—as opposed to giving me the room I paid for in the first place. The worst part, if you can believe it, was not the cold showers—it was the staff.
I've never heard of “resort” staff so rude. They told me to get any sort of refund I needed to call Expedia, since they had all the money. When I did call, Expedia agreed to give me some compensation. However, Expedia called twice to try and get the Saint Augustine Beach Front Resort to refund some of the money, and the St.
Augustine Beachfront Resort refused, and even hung up on Expedia. The Expedia rep was shocked at how inappropriate they were. I was used to it by this point. I called the Resort repeatedly myself.
The last time, the manager was rude, interrupted me repeatedly, and hung up on me. The St. Augustine Beach Front Resort only dragged Expedia into it in order to get me to leave without giving me one cent. If you have a problem with the resort, don't leave without cash in hand.
They only want to mislead you and put a booking agency in the middle.Or better yet, have a nice vacation instead, and please just avoid the Saint Augustine Beachfront Resort!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Hotels and Resorts
- Review rating
- 4 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "We recently stayed at West gate Lake Resort reserving our stay through Interval International. We had a terrible experience from the very beginning of our stay. Upon arrival we were..."
- "It appears that “Las Palmas Travel Network” (LPTN) may be a new scam connected to what’s going on at Coco Sunset Vacation Club (aka Bahia Turquesas). ** Coco Sunset Vacation Club (aka..."
- "I arrived in Macon on December 14, 2011 at approximately 6pm from VA to visit my niece in the hospital. My older sister had made arrangements for me to stay..."
- "Spent the month of November at this unit. Property was accurately described. Kitchen was well stocked and ample towers for bathrooms were available. Vacation started out a..."
- "Hello from Amazon.com. We can certainly understand your concerns about this claim being closed. However, as stated in our previous message, regarding 1x4-1726519-22xxx69: The seller who fulfilled this order indicates no return has been..."
- "Check out this FPL repair job on a residential 200 amp underground service wire (see attached photo). We ran across this and figured that this shoddy repair work, clearly made..."
- "Sneaky overcharge. Doesn't know anything about that. I went to pay my bill...ask him why I was charged 75$ when I make a payment online and my normal bill, which..."
- "Used megabus for 1st, only and last time besides bus consistently late some rude employees and on 2 of buses bathroom not useable. While waiting extra time for Tampa bus..."
- "I bought this item at Lowe's in Canada (Toronto) in May, 2015. I paid $700 for it because for some reason, I thought it was supposed to be a..."